To ensure a high level of safety and security, many of the MEAM Labs are controlled through a variety of access systems from pin codes to swipe access. Access is open to Undergraduate Students, Graduate Researchers and Faculty in SEAS.
Instructional Lab Access
The level of access you may receive may be seen in the list below.
- General Course Access – Towne 193, Towne 195, Towne 205, and Towne M81 24/7 access
- Granted for all general MEAM undergraduate students and graduate students in MEAM 510
- Intermediate Course Access – General Course Access with Towne B11 access 8 am – 10 pm
- Good for PER members
- Advanced Course Access – Intermediate Course Access, with Towne B2 24/7 Access
- Good for students in MEAM 520 and TAs of lab courses
- TA/Student Staff Access – Advanced Course Access, with Towne B11 access 6 am – 1 am
- For MEAM Labs student staff and TAs of select courses
- Faculty and Professional Staff Access – all doors 24/7 access
PML and RPL Access
Due to the large range of machines and user needs, the PML and RPL has a more specialized training for access. For more information on the PML please visit the PML Access page. The RPL Training Guide can be completed during any staffed hours. RPL training is only required once. If RPL access is lost for any reason after training please see below.
Lost Access or New PennCard
If you have recently lost access or renewed your PennCard, please complete the form. We will address this issue as quickly as possible.
Not in the School of Engineering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the reason for your request.